Friday, February 3, 2012

A Pretty Good 48 Hours

So yesterday, I mentioned that I would blog about how good of a day I had on Thursday.  It's still only 11 PM over here, so I'm not breaking my promise.

Yesterday, I ended up spending the day with an old friend.  We had grown distant over the years due to various reasons.  Although we did nothing but sit on the couch and talk, it was such a beautiful time.  I have always hated that we had grown apart, and she had too.  We spent hours just catching up on each other's lives (realistically, it was a LOT of me talking and her not saying quite as much. I couldn't stop talking!).  We have both thoroughly missed each other, and we're looking forward to starting our friendship back up again.

By the time we dropped her off at the train station, my husband was shocked.  He had no idea how close we had been as children, and he was surprised by how happy I was.  I was pretty surprised myself, and I am so thoroughly happy it happened.

I can't WAIT to see her again!!

Now, to change directions a bit.

*This is the point where, if you are squeamish about anything relating to pregnancy or ovulating, you should stop reading.*

Today, I slept most of the day to try and fight off whatever sort of infection I have starting.  We'll see if it worked as I actually have some energy at 11 PM...pretty impressive.

When I woke up in the late morning, I did what I have been doing for the last SEVERAL months - I used an OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kit).  I have done these religiously month after month with no luck.  Today, for the very first time, there was a smiley face.  That little smiley face made me smile SO much, it was hard to explain.

I know I'm slated to begin IVF, but honestly we're going to continue trying until I have to start the injections. If we can POSSIBLY avoid IVF (and miracles DO happen from time to time, so there's always a possibility), we would be thrilled.  So, I've been testing with OPKs.  The fact that I finally got an LH surge is amazing.  It almost makes me want to suggest a few rounds of unmedicated IUI first, to see if the cervical mucus is really the issue.

After this, I was considering trying Robitussin or Mucinex to thin the mucus, as I have heard from other CFers that they have had successful attempts at this (and ended up with a BFP two weeks later).  A friend suggested grapefruit juice which has been known to do the same thing.  Well, I picked up a bottle of grapefruit juice and drank a decent amount. I'm going to continue to drink a fair amount for the next few days.  It's worth a try, right?

We'll see what happens I guess. I just know, I'm having a pretty good couple of days! :)


4 comments:

  1. So amazing you got a positive OPK!!Drink your juice, take you mucinex, and have some fun the next few days ;) If you feel any mild cramping (ovulation cramps) in the next 48 hours get busy right away no matter the time and don't get up for a good 30 minutes. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had a similar reunion with an old friend of mine, and it was just what I needed! I'm glad you were able to have that experience.

    That's great news about the OPK! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! I woke up this morning practically swimming in CM - at first I thought maybe I was bleeding again for some reason! The grapefruit juice does make a huge difference for me. I don't always have perfect EWCM, but I usually have SOMETHING, which is more than I typically have on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!!!!

    Jenny, I'm so glad you had the experience as well! That's so wonderful! It's such an amazing feeling ,that's for sure. I love reconnecting.

    Cindy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for BOTH of us.

    Inhaling Hope, thank you so much! I actually have been lying around for 30 minutes after, we'll see if this all helps or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.