Monday, February 27, 2012

Routine, routine.

Not much has been going on in the Murray household over the past week or so.  The only exciting thing was a visit from my mother-in-law and David's (our) great aunt.  We had a wonderful afternoon yesterday, and enjoyed spending time outside of our home.  Other than that, it's been a lot of typical routine days.

David has been working, quite diligently, at getting the rest of his school year planned out. ISATs (state standardized testing) are a week away which is always a stressful time for a teacher.  He's trying to get last minute teachings in that he feels are important for the tests while still maintaining interest within the classroom (this is much easier said than done).  Other than that, we've been enjoying watching a plethora of shows and movies together.  Our movie tonight is Sarah's Key, and I have heard great things about it.  I hope we enjoy it as much as others have.

I, as you know, have been reading like crazy.  My current book is The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.  It's an historical account of the Chicago's World's Fair of 1893.  Surprisingly, It took me quite some time to get into the book (over 60 pages which is a lot for me), but now I'm hooked.  I doubt that I would be nearly as interested if it was written about New York, Philly, or any other city; Reading about Chicago's history is much more fascinating to me since I live close.

I've also been focused on getting into better routines. I have been sterilizing my nebulizers (10 minutes in boiling water each day) earlier in the day so that David and I can be in bed earlier at night. We were getting into bed (because of breathing treatments and work) around midnight or 1 AM each night, only to wake up at 6 AM exhausted and cranky.  Our goal this week is to be in bed by 10 PM each night.  We'll see if we make it.  I also have been setting aside designated times for reading, writing, and working throughout the house. I feel more productive this way, and it's led me to watch less TV throughout the day.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for another liver test of my enzymes next month, and looking for a part-time job.  Nothing too exciting, but sometimes boring is just what we want and need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.