Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Peace

Peace.

Serenity.

Calm.

We all crave it, and we all need it within our daily lives.  I am a big fan of treasuring my peaceful moments of the day.  Treasuring peace makes me feel happier and calmer overall, so I try to find as many opportunities as possible to allow for peace.  Since everyone’s idea of what activities are peaceful vary, I figured I would share some of my favorite peaceful activities.

1)      Reading in my house (the place of the activity is very important for this one) while my husband is either sleeping or playing a game.
2)      Praying
3)      During my Yoga sessions.  I probably feel the deepest sense of calm and self-awareness during this time.
4)      At Church. I don’t even necessarily have to be there for worship because just being inside the building makes me feel at peace.
5)      Talking with a good friend. 
6)      Walking my dog.  This one sometimes ends up making me frustrated depending on what happens during the walk.  More often than not, however, I find the time relaxing.
7)      During my nebulizing treatments. This one may seem odd, but I look at treatment time as 100% me-time. I make sure to do a fun activity whether it’s reading, writing, talking online, or (my newest time-consuming obsession) surfing Pinterest.

What activities allow you to feel peace?

1 comment:

  1. Peace is very important to me too!!! I feel frazzled if I go through too many days without having some quiet time. One of my favorite things is to sit at my kitchen table and have a little devotional time for myself... reading the scriptures, writing in my journal, and praying. In general, writing by hand really helps me to slow myself down and work through my thoughts. A lot of the things on your list are on mine too - taking walks, talking with a good friend, yoga, reading, church. :) I also like to take a hot bath! And now that we FINALLY have a piano, that is a big one for me. I love just sitting down to play or compose for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.