Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Welcome November


Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.  ~Stanley Horowitz


Happy November everyone!


I thought this quote was beautiful, and I felt a need to share it with you all.  


November is historically a good month for me. I always feel a peace and warmth in this month, and today as the sun shone brightly across the sky, and the remaining leaves were fluttering down to the ground, I felt calm.  Since November brings Thanksgiving, I've decided to include at least one sentence in each post about what I'm grateful for this month.  I believe that gratitude is extremely important, and November is the perfect month to share it with others.  


Today, November 1, 2011, I am grateful for all of my readers.  I am continuously blessed to have people around the world reading and commenting on my writing. This blog has been life-changing, and I am so glad that I have found an outlet for my emotions with CF that also allows me to teach.   There are days where I feel like I have nothing worthwhile to say and others where I want to shout til the world can hear me.  I also feel like you, my readers, make me dedicated to posting all the time. This dedication, in turn, creates a better writer out of me.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for taking the time to read my blog.  


I called my hospital regarding my ultrasound results, and I should be hearing a call back about them tomorrow. My doctor's nurse confirmed what the tech had said: the right ovary is invisible and there are multiple cysts in my left ovary. She was unsure if it was urgent or not, but said that she would have the doctor check the scans tomorrow and she would call me back. I'm eagerly awaiting that phone call.  


Other than that, not much is going on around here. I'm finding the more I try to control things in my life, the more out of control they become. I think this is God telling me to let him take over - that's my goal for this month. I feel a deep need to connect spiritually with the Lord, and I'm planning on working on it as much as possible.  I know faith has helped me heal many wounds, feel confident in life, and worry less. I need to start getting back to a faith-driven life desperately.  I'm just thankful that God gives us many chances because I seem to screw up a lot :-/


As we ease into this month, I hope you all are having a wonderful week. I challenge you to also think about what you are grateful for each day for a month straight :) It helps put everything in perspective.  



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing. I agree that focusing on gratitude is SO important. That has definitely been one of the themes of my year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love focusing on what I'm grateful for - not enough people do it, in my opinion. We are given so many blessings all the time, but we rarely take the time to actually appreciate them and thank God for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.