Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Colds are . . .


Colds are. . . NO FUN!

Yesterday evening, I noticed that my throat was getting progressively sore and that my nose seemed slightly stuffy. I drank warm tea, did an extra sinus rinse, and did an extra treatment, hoping it would help me feel better when I woke up this morning.  Sadly, I felt worse. 

I honestly hate colds. To be fair, I don’t know anyone who likes them in the slightest, so at least I’m in good company.  I hate losing my taste for food which in turn means I lose my appetite.  I can’t stand not being able to breathe through my nose as soon as I lie down, which means I lose sleep.  I also hate not being able to hug or kiss my hubby whenever one of us is sick.

We have a rule in our house, and it’s a no-fun but necessary rule: No physical contact when one of us is sick.  We will occasionally still hug each other but definitely no kissing or sharing foods.  He’s a teacher which means he brings home a lot of disgusting germs from the kids and I don’t need to get them.  Unfortunately, this one hijacked me anyway.  Luckily, his cold is gone now (it only lasted three days) but mine is just beginning.  I will probably have it for another week or two, but I’m hoping it’s much shorter than that.

Usually, my colds follow a pretty similar pattern each time: Day 1: feeling tired and sore throat.  Day 2-5: Worsened sore throat, can’t breathe through nose, increased cough, disgusting mucous production with cough, and constant runny nose. Day 6-10: Some relief from the above symptoms but inability to hear well or taste anything.  Then, it starts getting better. 

Needless to say, this puts a halt to TTC, at least for now.  Realistically, I should already have ovulated, but as posted earlier, my temps don’t reflect that.  I actually am ok with a BFN this month since I have come down with a cold and my sugars aren’t quite where I want them this month.  I did make an appointment with a different endocrinologist at U of C.  I think that’s the right call (Thanks to my beautiful sister who convinced me to see someone in the meantime). 

So to all my cysters and fibros out there: Stay healthy!!!! All these bugs are going around like wildfire.  Kids are already out of school sick and the teachers have it too!  Germ-x is your best friend as well as additional treatments and a great deal of additional rest. 

As for me, I’m hoping to kick this cold to the curb. I’m hoping that it doesn’t turn into anything that needs antibiotics, but if it does, it does! In the meantime, I’ll be taking my own above advice and also eating a lot of soup and drinking warm tea.  I took a Benadryl tonight which will hopefully help me sleep!
Happy Thursday all! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I am in a similar boat. I am not sick yet, but have that not feeling so well feeling. Since your husband feels better make him dote on you until you feel better and I won't tell him if you milk it longer than you should (; Hope you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I am SO sorry to hear that you are feeling rough!!! You should have your hubby dote on you too..and get extra rest over the weekend - hopefully that will stave off whatever germs you might have?

    My hubby actually came home from work today and cleaned the entire bottom floor of the house for me...I was in tears. I felt so miserable today, all I did was sleep, so he took care of any chores he could. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.