Monday, April 15, 2013

31.5 Weeks and a Few Changes

As I talked about in my previous post, I had CF clinic and my high-risk OB appointment this past Thursday. I didn't expect a great lung function report, but overall I expected unchanged news.

The first appointment of the day was my high-risk OB. It was pouring Thursday morning, and it took us almost three hours to reach clinic because of rush-hour traffic and the horrendous weather. I ended up being 15 minutes late, and I was pretty stressed about it; I hate not being places on time. My doctors weren't concerned at all, and they got me in very quickly. I had my weight checked and my blood pressure checked. My weight was okay, but my blood pressure was high (well of course, I was just nervous and rushing around trying to get to my appointment). Thankfully there was no protein in my urine so they weren't concerned.

During this time, I explained that my Braxton Hicks contractions were increasing, and I really noticed them if I was on my feet more than 15 minutes at a time. I also was having pretty rough cramping that woke me up throughout the night the day before the appointment. These two things led them to want to check me to make sure everything was okay.

Well, the good news is that my cervix is still closed, but it is already softening so that led me to have an ultrasound and NST (non-stress test) for the baby. She's doing great, but I've been told to stay off my feet as much as possible. I have another appointment this coming Thursday to see if there have been any changes.

I was pretty nervous about all of this because I never expected to hear it, but I am so glad that baby girl is doing well. I'll stay off my feet for the next 6.5 weeks if I have to just as long as she is born safe and sound.

In between my OB and my testing, I went up to my CF clinic and thankfully my PFTs are unchanged!! They looked great, and I sounded great so my doctors were really happy with that. Last CF appointment before her arrival is next month! It has really flown by.

So, basically I'm taking it EXTREMELY easy (at least until I'm told otherwise). I really do wish I could go for a long walk though because my lungs love it, and the weather is so beautiful! That's okay though..soon enough I'll be walking with our little girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.