Friday, March 15, 2013

Clinic Update and 27 Weeks

Despite how awful I was feeling last week, it seems that I have managed to kick it on my own. My PFTs were stable yesterday (sitting at 79% for my FEV1). My FVC is a little bit down, but since I have a pretty awesome baby bump pushing up on my lungs, it's only to be expected. So, my doctors agreed to continue with upped CPT and avoid IVs for now, which was a huge relief for me as I really don't want to expose our little girl to anything I don't have to.

My sugars are still kind of crazy, but I'm managing them as well as I can. I think this will be a constant struggle now until the day of delivery, but that's okay. Anything is worth it for this little one..that's for sure!

My weight is doing extremely well, and I have gained 22 pounds now! It's hard to believe, but it's so amazing to see the number on the scale continuing to rise. I do eat five huge meals a day so that may have something to do with it. :)

And I'm officially 27 weeks (and one day). I don't know where time is going, but she will be here in just 11 short weeks now. I'm starting to feel the third trimester fatigue (all I want to do is sleep right now..just like the first trimester all over again), and I'm starting to feel more uncomfortable all the time. I spend a lot of time on my hands and knees to alleviate the back pain I feel, and my husband is amazing with all of his massages he offers.

This pregnancy has been amazing, but I am starting to see hints of the time when I'm going to be so ready to be done with pregnancy. I have days off and on now when I feel SO miserable and sore that I wonder how I can handle making it to 38 weeks. I know I will, but I do wonder sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.