Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Few Big Days

Thursday is a BIG day. 

Tomorrow, my sister and I both have doctors appointments. My sister is heading to see a surgical oncologist to talk about whether or not chemo has shrunk the tumors enough to attempt surgery.  I am so excited and thankful to God to be able to share with you all that my sister's largest tumors have shrunk by about 20% following 4 chemo treatments!! We are stunned and excited, and we can't wait to hear what the surgical oncologist says this Thursday. Hopefully, it will be the time to do surgery and get it all out of her body. Then, we can continue with chemo and get her cancer in remission! That's the goal, and I will be sure to update on our progress!

A picture of me and my sister (maid of honor at  my wedding).


Tomorrow, I also see my CF team. Normally, I don't consider this a huge appointment.  It's normal; it's routine; it's typical. From the last appointment to now however, my body has gone through a tremendous amount of unusual stress. While I didn't get physically ill from the stress, I am anxious to see how it impacted my lung function. I'm hoping that my lung function is still in the 80s, but I'm concerned that it won't be. We'll just have to see. I also am curious/anxious because (in my own opinion) my lung function determines whether or not we go forward with infertility treatments or not this coming month. If it's down a decent amount, I will be holding off on the treatments, but if it's stable or up then we are good to go!

After I get home Thursday afternoon, I begin my prep for my colonscopy as well. I'm not looking forward to the prep, but it's necessary and I'll be happy to have the scope out of the way by Friday evening. I'll blog about it and make sure to take pictures as well.  So, as I go into the day I'm hoping for good news all the way around! I'll keep you updated :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!!! I am hoping for great results for both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.