Monday, May 21, 2012

Nightmares

I rarely have nightmares, and for that I am grateful. Since my sister's cancer diagnosis, however, I have found myself having more frequent nightmares which cause me to wake up in sheer panic. Last night was one of those. I had been sleeping soundly and I started dreaming of the character Wilson, from the TV show House.  I had this dream about him screaming at the top of his lungs to everyone around him that he hated cancer, and then his face morphed into my face screaming that I hated cancer, and I woke up. It probably doesn't sound too terrifying to read about, but I could tell I was emotionally upset in my dream with no indication of why. I then found myself having to calm myself back down to get back to sleep. I'm not sure what the dream was about, but I know I didn't enjoy it. I think my fears of my sister's upcoming colonoscopy and surgery are seeping into my dreams.  

Cancer is terrible :( 

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! I often have dreams that reflect things in my life when I am under a lot of stress. It's always so frustrating because it feels like I never get any rest from my stress! I hope the dreams go away soon and that your sister's surgery goes very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I never can get back to sleep when I wake up like that. Hope they stop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I'm sorry that you experience the same kind of thing. It's so irritating for the exact reason you said. Thank you for your kind words. I hope the surgery goes well also :)

    Kristin, thank you so much. It's SO hard to get back to sleep after that so I can understand why you can't!

    Anna, *Hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.