Thursday, September 19, 2013

4 Month Pictures

Yesterday was your four month appointment, and I felt the sadness and anxiety over the appointment during the entire drive to the office. Four months means shots, and you, my dearest sweetheart, hate shots (understandably). Since I knew the rest of the day was going to be a wash, I decided to dress you up for your four month pictures prior to the appointment, and boy I'm glad I did.

Your appointment went very well overall. The doctor said you were able to sit up really well for your age, and he even told us you would be fine to start solids at any time. We are going to wait a bit longer, but it was nice to hear he felt you were doing so well. You weigh 11.8 pounds, and you are 23 inches long. You're definitely a peanut for your age, but considering you were born at 5 pounds, 14 oz, and only 18 inches you can see that you have grown quite a bit. 

Once the appointment was over, the nurse came in with those evil needles, and the second she started wiping your leg with the alcohol swab you started crying. One thing I will never forget, my dearest darling, is just how dramatic you are. Although the alcohol made you cry, the actual shots made you scream at the top of your lungs. You continued screaming for 15 minutes straight - to the point where you could hardly breathe. You then would calm down for a minute and start right back up again. It took us quite a bit of time to get you calmed enough to put you in the car seat to head home. 

After that, you complained to me for the rest of the day, and you were even whimpering in your sleep off and on. We did end up giving you tylenol as you began screaming like you had just been stuck all over again multiple times once you were home. I felt so terrible for you, and your reaction makes me want to forgo the remainder of your childhood immunizations. I know I can't, but boy do I want to...

So despite having a very sad and hurting baby at night, we did manage to get a few really cute pictures in the morning! Happy 4 months, baby girl!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.