Monday, March 12, 2012

Spending Time (UNMASKED)

Just a quick post.  I'm currently trying to spend as much time with my parents and sister as possible. Once the chemo starts, I'm required to be in a mask whenever I'm anywhere near my sister. Since I culture MRSA and P.A., we can't risk her getting either of them.  I know that this is going to be extremely hard for me. I won't be able to eat in the same room as her and will have to take frequent breaks while visiting her to get some fresh air.  I am so grateful, however, for inventions such as skype and facetime for the iPhone which I fully plan to utilize.  I have always been a very touchy-feely person, so I'm going to struggle with maintaining my distance from her.  

4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I'm praying for you and your family..

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the triplets were born I had to wear a mask and gown into the NICU every time I saw them. It was annoying, but I got used to it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the prayers Mandie. They are QUITE appreciated!!

    Cindy, I'm certain that must have been very annoying and frustrating at times. I'm glad to know you got used to it. I figure I will too. I'm just getting over the fact that it will be a long time til I can hug her or be really close to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart breaks for your family right now... My aunt was diagniosed with stage 4 mouth & throat cancer right before Thanksgiving. She just finished treatment last week & now they have to wait till they can test again. It's a tough time, but sounds like your sister has a pretty amazing family to support her! I'll keep you guys in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.