Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happy Four Months!

Dear Sydney,

Today you turned four months old. How the time flew so quickly, I'm still not sure I understand, but here we are. . . four months. Wow.

When you were first born I remember telling myself that it couldn't get any better than this. I had this precious new baby who cuddled into me and slept for hours on end. I stared at you endlessly telling myself to relish these memories for this time would be gone way too quickly.

And it did go too quickly, baby girl. It really did. But something amazing and seemingly improbable happened at the exact same time those newborn moments were passing: it got better.

As soon as that first smile graced your face, I realized this new period of your life would be extra special, and it really has been incredible. Here are a few of the things I never want to forget as you turn four months

- You still love to cuddle. You are such a cuddle bug, and when you aren't feeling tip-top or are really tired, the only place you want to be is in my arms. This makes me feel quite special.

- Your smile is incredibly contagious, and you are starting to laugh which cracks us up each time you manage to giggle. You smile at anything and everything, especially your toy monkey underneath your rainforest gym. You think he is pretty cool because even if you are in the middle of a meltdown he will cheer you up. Besides Monkey, the person you smile at the most is Daddy.

- Speaking of Daddy, you LOVE to have conversations with him. You will be quiet all day with me, but the minute Daddy gets home you talk his ear off. It's apparent that you are already becoming Daddy's little girl. He loves it, and so do I.

- You randomly will imitate our noises. Even though we realize you are not actively saying words, we have heard you make sounds that sound clearly like the following words, "Hi," "Mom," "What," and (I kid you  not) "I love you." We get so silly and excited whenever we hear these sounds.

- You still hate baths. You really do. You typically have a meltdown each time that you have to go in the bathtub. We aren't sure what it is, but if you never had to take a single bath again you would be so much happier.

- You are showing such an interest in toys now. You love your links, stuffed animals, and rainforest gym. You also love your bendy ball. It's so fun to watch you grab at your toys as you explore you world.

- You are such a happy and fun baby. You really are, and we are blessed!

Baby girl, it's hard to believe that you are four months old already. Today was a rough day for you so we didn't get a picture in, but we will surely take one tomorrow before your four month shots :-( .  You have made the last four months of my life downright perfect. You are the best blessing I have ever received, and I love you more with each passing day.

I love you Peanut, forever and ever,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.